The metrics available in the network rules allow real-time monitoring of WAN performance:
- Access link:
- Passive measurements: throughput (average and max), utilization rate (distribution of measurements over 10 sec.), frame size (max, distribution)
- Active measurements (probe): availability, A/R delay
- Site-to-site traffic:
- Passive measurements: average and max throughput, frame size (max, distribution)
- Active measurements (probe): availability, A/R delay, jitter, loss rate
Access to these indicators is made by clicking directly on the rule concerned in the tree structure, or in a synthetic way at the site level. Moreover, real time curves updated every 10 seconds can be launched on any indicator.
It is possible to reproduce the classification of applications in the WAN operator’s CoS classes of service, in order to have the following information:
- Bandwidth distribution between the classes of service
- Throughput of each service class and distribution between applications within each class.